Sunday, October 21, 2012

Omeka Plugins

These past couple of weeks, I have been working exclusively with Omeka plugins. I have downloaded, installed, activated, and read about dozens of plugins available for use from Omeka. So far, I have tested the major ones that we’re most likely to use on our test server. Some of these include Collection Tree (which allows us to create collections of items that branch off into other collections), Contribution (which allows visitors to contribute various items), Exhibit Builder (a virtual gallery with related images and descriptions grouped into pages), and Simple Pages (which lets us create simple web pages linked from the main site).

At the beginning, the testing had been going really well! I was learning all about Omeka (you learn so much more by playing around with the tools than just reading about them!) and the plugins all worked successfully without error. That is, until this past Thursday, when I started receiving error messages from Omeka whenever I tried to upload, view, or search for an item. As of now, I’m not sure why these errors are being produced. We’ll have to look at the error log and hopefully discover the source of the errors and be able to fix them.

Stay tuned...
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment