Saturday, January 5, 2013

Slow Progress, But an Updated User Interface!

I have been struggling to add the shading. Each way I try it, the cistern stops displaying. I need to read some more tutorials to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Onto the good news! I changed the way the user interacts with the cistern. I saved both ways, but I like the new way much better. The old way was like you were a person walking around the cistern. In this way, it was difficult to get a side view of the cistern and then navigate to get a top view. The arrow keys were walking in a direction and the page up/down were looking up and down. To fix this, I changed it so the cistern rotates instead of "walking." You can use the arrow keys to rotate the cistern and the page up/down keys to zoom in/out. I am going to figure out if I can get a link so anyone reading this can test out the program!

-Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment